Laboratory Services (Pathology)
High-quality services and advanced technology
At St. Cloud Regional Medical Center, our state-of-the-art testing, integrated medical records, and excellent service are a key part of our comprehensive care. Our laboratory professionals are well equipped to manage everything from routine diagnostic tests and screenings to providing valuable information for doctors to develop care plans for complex disease. Our laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists, as well as, being included in the hospital survey by the Joint Commission on Hospitals in respect to Quality Assurance and effective utilization of laboratory services.
St. Cloud Regional Medical Center’s laboratories are dedicated to high-quality service and patient-centered care. Our laboratories provide everything from blood bank services to a wide range of testing capabilities, including:
- Clinical chemistry
- Hematology and immunohematology
- Immunology, immunochemistry and serology
- Microbiology and virology
We also offer advanced pathology services including:
- Cytology and cytopathology – The study of individual cell abnormalities, often used to diagnose cancer.
- Cytogenetics – Blood or bone marrow cell studies to examine chromosomal changes.
- Histology – The study of tissue under a microscope.
- Molecular diagnostics – DNA/RNA analysis studies.
- Surgical pathology – The study of tissues removed during a biopsy to help diagnose disease and determine treatment.